View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 02:24 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I haven't read this thread in quite some time. I found some new posts that claim to provide evidence that R310 Butterfinger premiums were issued with other candy items. Two of them are the Baseball gum Box and the Movie Star gum box. Yes the boxes are a little larger than 8x10 so they hold R310's well. Is it a surprise that someone who had a pile of R310's kept them in a box that they fit in for protection? Not really.
One post shows 2 Butterfinger ads showing clearly that R310's were issued with Nickel sized Butterfingers and that Movie star photo's similar to R310's ( same size and paper stock) were issued with Nickel sized Butterfingers. But in 90 years no one has come across another similar ad for R310's listing any other candy.
As for the R309 Ruth proof there is another thread that discusses Sport king Premiums and ties the R309 proof to the other Sport King premiums known. Extremely rare yes but they do exist.
Any real Proof that R310's were issued with any other candy...No

Is the OP's piece real or a fantasy piece. In My opinion having handled alot of 1930's ads and premiums is that I would not buy one. But that is just my opinion. I have handled a number of ads that were printed using period cardboard and printing techniques because a number of old press still exist and unfortunately are not always used for honest purpose. Look at the Gehrig Knot hole gang thread..
I wonder if the pice in the Mastro Auction can be tracked down? It might help enlighten this subject.
Jonathan