View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default how do you report Fake autographs that are on ebay?

Posted By: Anonymous

This notion speaks largely to my point...Certainly you could take pen in hand and forge a Mantle autograph, that does not mean anyone is going to write a letter on it. To convincingly forge a Mickey Mantle autograph that would not only fool the authenticators but also the, literally, thousands of people out there like myself who do not need anyone to tell them if is it real would take YEARS of practice. Even at that I doubt someone could get good enough to fool everyone in the know. On the same note I could take a card and trim away, does not mean someone is going to put it in a slab although I suspect that given enough practice a good number would slip through. I guess what I am ultimately saying is that I feel alot of the autograph bashing is not warranted just like my card fears are surely overblown. That said, it has been my experience that more often than not a large portion of these autographs which people claim to have obtained in person that do not pass authentication are indeed nothing I would feel comfortable with either (take that how you may).