View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Kary

Smile

Quote:
That's why Allen Iverson is getting a ton of all-star votes, even if he was unemployed recently. The average sports fan thinks he's star, but those who closely follow the game, and the examine the stats, know he's a ball hog with a low shooting percentage.
Chris,
As a life long 76ers fan, I must say you are 100% right about Allen Iverson. Although I would not put Larkin in the HOF, you have given perhaps the best possible example that you can't just go by the numbers. A.I. has scored over 25 ppg in his career which looks great and usually is. However, as I'm sure you know, most of the time he'll score 25-30 points while shooting 8 for 23 with several foul shots. He has had seasons under 40% which is horrible. And what seperates the other greats like Kobe,Lebron,Jordan etc. from Iverson is that they made everyone around them better. He didn't. I'll take Jason Kidd over A.I. any day. Iverson's selfishness made the team worse but the 76ers didn't care because it was because of him that the fans came to watch.

Okay, enough of Iverson. Back to Larkin.