View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
The stratospheric heights modern is going to may be a bubble, but long term I think it will hold higher value than all but Ruth and a few others in the vintage world.
These are the sporting icons these last few generations have grown up with. It's this group of new collectors that are establishing the worth to own limited stock of the rookie card of players they've actually lived alongside and experienced first hand.
The vintage stuff wasn't birthed the same way..... it became widely popular with later hobby historians and deeply sport related enthusiasts.

I foresee RC's of Trout, MJ, Lebron, Jeter, Brady, and perhaps a few others like Montana/Rice, Mahomes, etc to be higher priced cards than almost all vintage.

It's not dumb to me, actually makes perfect sense
Old cardboard isn't fundamentally more valuable than new cardboard, it's the associations with a large enough collecting community that means the most.

I've actually grown to like the shiny stuff, I only really buy a little Lebron and Mahomes, but can enjoy the design and materials and limited print runs to create really pretty modern artwork.
There will be waaaaay more modern collectors who carry this hobby forward than the type of hard core knowledge hobbyists you'd find here on 54'.
Not a bad or good thing for mine, it just is.
Agree Especially with Modern NBA a lot of Foreign PRC Cash ! They love Jordan Kobe and Lebron and they have a lot of hens too.

Last edited by Johnny630; 01-25-2021 at 04:04 PM.