View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Bill Gregory

Doug, I'm not really a "graded card guy". As somebody that is new to vintage and pre-war, the graded cards I'd be getting would help me develop my eye, and at the same time, protect my cards until I've learned to store them properly. As my knowledge and comfort level in dealing with older cards increases, I will be less reliant on other people's opinions. Hell, I'll probably start cracking out the ones I have that are graded. Right now though, you could give me two cards out of their slabs, and tell me one was a PSA 5, the other a PSA 6, and I probably wouldn't be able to tell which was which.

I'm a kid learning to ride a bike. You and the majority of Net 54 members can ride around without even having to think about it, hopping up on the handlebars, doing tricks. I on the other hand have to learn the basics, not so I don't fall, but so I don't get burned spending $500 on a worthless piece of cardboard.

This idea for identifying the ranges of serial numbers as they apply to specific flips is meant to help protect people that are not at the same level of fluency you are. Maybe the list wouldn't end up being that useful. But if a forum member were able to look at the list once in a while, and immediately disqualify a fake because the serial number and flip didn't match, it might be worthwhile.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.