View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:27 PM
John Manning

Default Black Lenox, brown Lenox

I have two Lenox cards -- one is black, though faded, the other appears to me, in comparison, to be brown. It would, of course, be to my advantage if it were, but no on-line scans I can find (e.g. T206 Museum, archived files from this site), show the difference clearly enough for me to be certain.

Took a random sampling at Thanksgiving (before the wine began to flow). Asked only if the two backs seemed to be the same color, and if so, what the color was. If they seemed different, I asked what two colors were represented. Three of my family thought I was talking about the paper and not the printing, one said red and green ("No wine for YOU!"), and the remainder had another answer. Scientific conclusion: Never ask your relatives (or, more properly, MY relatives) anything, especially when the promise of drink is involved.

I can't show scans, because my scanner keeps adding colors that aren't there. So, where do I go to get the answer to my question?

First convincing answer wins a vat of Aunt Edna's Wine and Sparkle Bright Cleaning Fluid. Same vat, different fluids. Hard to distinguish.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob