View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 09:15 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
Another thing I have noticed as a regular buyer of low-priced "box" versions, is that there appears to be a blacked out sign version where the sign does not run straight across to Randy's head, instead, it has the telltale gap of a coverup/edited version. The first copy I owned was picked up around 2008-2010 at some point and while I noted it, didn't give it any special consideration. I've probably picked up 50+ box versions (not to mention the 100s scrutinized online) in the years since and have only found two others. I've studied the copies and magnified the area and can't see any red, green or box outline to them. For now, I consider this to be the lone "rare" version among the box-out types. Perhaps someone(s) here with a large sample size could check through theirs?
From your description it sounds to me like a very dark version of the “black box” card from your site. I went through my scans and posted the one image I found that matches up. There were several others that were very dark, but I could still make out the ad area slightly on them. It’s interesting because the majority of error variations fall into a box category (green, red, black) but the darkest of the black box versions are actually a rare card to track down. Is the card I posted similar to the card you are referencing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05F15E1C-088E-45A6-B1CA-BD9CA3744829.jpg (20.0 KB, 1159 views)