Thread: Tatis
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 08:29 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
What's with Fernando Tatis Jr's autograph. He signs Tatis first. is the second word supposed to be Jr, or Fernando?
I find myself asking this question about so many ball players nowadays, it goes along with most of America I think. Cursive is seldom taught in schools, handwriting ain't what it used to be.

Ronald Acuna has a terrible signature, Trout's is awful, you would think the best player in baseball would take pride in his autograph. Juan Soto's is decent, at least it looks like he tried. Mookie's as well isn't too bad. Harper is a coinflip, as sometimes his auto on baseball's looks great and other times it looks terrible.

Gone are the days where you had guys like Mantle, Dimaggio, Williams, Koufax, etc who took pride in the pieces they signed. Their signatures were works of art in comparison to what we get today. Hell even in the past 20 years the quality I feel like has dipped on these younger ballplayers signatures. Griffey has a great auto, Bonds is pretty solid, Jeter has a nice one too.

Penmanship on the whole is on the decline. Yes this has been my old man yells at cloud rant.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.

Last edited by Seven; 06-02-2021 at 08:30 PM.