View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default Why are dealer sites not updated? Friendly request

Posted By: honus3415

...not only for the site owner but also on the Net54 VBC forum.

I too have visited many of the sites listed through the "VBC Forum - Vintage Links - Dealer Sites" and found MY time being wasted because of "Dealer Sites" that were not properly maintained. The owners of these sites should realize that it is a "privilege" to have their site listed here and not a "right".

I would suggest that individuals finding "Dealer Sites" as well as "Auction Sites" that are not being properly maintained, drop a kind email to Leon or the forum administrators notifying them of this fact. It has been my experience that they would look into it and make the necessary adjustments.

As for websights associated with members under the "Net54 Vintage Collectors", outdated sites are a direct reflection upon those individuals also. Keeping pictures or listings up of "sold" items which invite inquiries is also very inconsiderate and and reflects upon that seller as one that probably deals directly with individuals in the same unhealthy manner and should be avoided.

I would take this one step further and say the same can be said of individuals with their posting on the "B/S/T" board. What is particuliarly irritating here is when individuals jump someone else's want post with statements like "you'll be in line behind me" or "I'll beat his price".

Remember a handful of $100 bills shouldn't necessarily make a person someone you would want to deal with, nor should nice scans on a website.

Again, trust the image that words and pictures give you of their author. More often than not, they are a reflection on the true character of the individual responsible for them.