View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 08:28 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Thieves in the employ of shipping services (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. etc., et al.) are nothing new. I had a CANOE stolen from Amazon somewhere along the line that was intended to be a Christmas gift for my girls a few years back. (To their credit, this is before Amazon started doing their own deliveries in the gray trucks). I was at a loss, and my office mailroom people were like yep, someone stole that - just walked it out of a facility in all probability. You don't exactly lose a freaking canoe that easily, LOL.

In terms of cards, there have been myriad past stories of dishonest mail carriers and the like. One was a collector himself who got onto people and looked at return addresses and was just happily adding to his own collection over a period of years via theft. You have to be surprised at how bold some people can be.

What you're telling me a Canoe can't disappear into thin air?

I had a card stolen on one occasion after a misdelivery. IT mysteriously ended up relisted on ebay in Jersey. Eventually got my money back but it was more of the principle than anything. Some people out there are just flat out dishonest, which is unfortunate.

I offer a silent prayer, anytime I order a card through the mail. Everything I order now, is typically through registered mail.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.