View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
The ONLY thing people care about with signed cards is if it gets in a PSA dual graded holder so we agree to disagree.
We usually agree on things, but stray here.

As someone who regularly sells unslabbed, unauthenticated signed cards of every sort and value, I can assure you that what you say is not the case. Will less people be interested without the plastic tomb? Sure. Sometimes a slower sell? Yep. Still many interested buyers? Most assuredly. Will I still ultimately get my price? Of course. I wouldn't be able to exist if I didn't. Frankly, the only authenticated material of any type that I may have is just stuff that came to me in that state. I don't spend a dime on authentication. I offer a guarantee that anything will pass a "reputable" TPA, but only because today's industry dictates that I have to do that much. I'm more comfortable with my own assessments on anything I offer, but what can you do?

If I have to wait a little longer to make that sale, I can afford to. I also don't drop my price whenever somebody plays the "It's not in a PSA slab, so it's worth a fraction of your asking price" game. These people can assuredly get lost.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 03-22-2024 at 07:06 AM.