View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 05:42 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I guess Lindros was in that category and didn't quite live up to it, he was very good but not the "Next One" as he was called. But it seems far fewer examples in hockey than other sports.

I guess taking all that money was a good idea at the time for McDavid, but man what a shame if it means he wastes the prime of his career on a mediocre team.
I'm bias, Pete, as I never missed a home game when Lindros played for the Oshawa Generals but due to injuries and the like, yeah, he most definitely had a shorter than normal career that definitely hurt his status in being one of the all time greats.

In all my life of watching hockey players come up, I've never seen the likes of the media attention that Lindros received.
Sure, the Quebec snub definitely played a huge part in that, as did his refusal to play for Sault St Marie, but the constant attention, the constant media, in your face attention this kid got was over the top, imo.

All that aside, he was definitely an exciting player to watch, the complete pkg.
He could score, he could pass, he could hit and of course he could fight. The complete package which hadn't been seen in years until he came along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lindros.jpg (75.2 KB, 243 views)

Last edited by irv; 07-07-2021 at 05:43 AM.