View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Matt

Snowman,

Great looking card. Hits the eye splendidly. You won't ever regret having stepped up for one that you enjoy looking at every day.

I remember when I went way, way outside the VCP grid at the time to get mine; strangers literally posted that I was stupid. (Which is not surprising given the cesspool of incivility that is the internet most of the time, LOL. No idea why people take time out of their lives to slight what another guy buys for his personal collection.) Anyways I'd done my homework, shopped for a while, and cataloged how few examples had the centering I wanted to look at every day. So having seen quite a bunch of the slabbed examples, your AUTH example has eye appeal available in very few examples that don't cost a king's ransom.

Here's mine, pictured below. Actually wound up meeting the man who pulled it from a pack in 1952 (good side of the internet) and speaking with him at length one day with my son— he even allowed us to record the conversation for posterity. Was amazing to be able to trace a card that old to its pack and to the neighborhood and store where it was pulled. (Seeing how the man later drove it to PSA himself for slabbing, it also became a nice provenance chain proving no alterations in this era of rampant doctoring