View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206trader View Post
I agree that crashing and software issues need to be addressed. If the software (as in this case) doesn't work then the seller is getting hosed and I have no qualms with the seller being ticked off.

Having said that, it seems many sellers lately generally complain about low selling prices which just seems like sour grapes.
I can confirm Bobby left money on the table on his Williams. I had a snipe in at $850 that didn't fire off. I originally had it at $900, but lowered it in the last hour based on winning some elsewhere. I wasn't aggressively pursuing the Williams, but set my snipe at that amount because it would've been a really good deal at that price.. Especially knowing it had gone for about $1050 at JVAC weeks prior.

My specific snipe wouldn't have yielded a huge difference in end price, but I've gotta think there was a least one more person (maybe a few) that had higher snipe bids at the ready.

I do not think eBay would want to block these because that leaves money on the table actress the board. I agree with the other poster that said the problem lies with fully relying on a 3rd party service (hence I manually bid whenever I can). That said, looks to me like it was an eBay issue since Gavelsnipe was not the only one that couldn't get bids through on Sunday.