View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I read through his 3 part linked analysis of absence rate data.

I am not compelled; this seems to be ignoring significant factors to reach the conclusion it wants to reach. Number 1, many employers gave (and some still are giving) unlimited PTO for Covid or to go get vaccines. Thus people milked it, because who doesn't want extra free days off? There is also a movement that has arisen, not directly from Covid but possibly related to lockdown ideology, among younger people of doing as little work as possible without getting fired. I am not surprised absences are up by a lot. That the absence rate from work is up significantly doesn't mean the vaccine is harming or killing a significant number of people. His point that rates are up higher in 2021 and 2022 rather than 2020 means it is the vaccine is not good - tons of people were on furlough or terminated almost immediately when the pandemic started and thus weren't absent from work because there was no work at all. The people remaining at work skewed to those who sought to work anyways even when they didn't have to, and thus aren't as likely to call in. Workplace policies of unlimited sick PTO for Covid were mostly put in place in 2021 or very late 2020. There has to be better than this for it to have any validity.
It builds on their analysis of excess death and disability increases.

http://www.phinancetechnologies.com/...v_Disabilities