View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default A Collector, Mastro, PSA & Our Beloved Hobby

Posted By: leon

I spoke to Doug Allen today. He said that in the middle of a big auction he is not going to try to tackle commenting on this issue but will do so afterwards. He absolutely admits it was a mistake to run the card and they pulled it. The good news is that he has the card in his possession and it's not going anywhere where it will be mistaken for a legit Nodgrass card. He also said he spoke to Joe O about it in the last day or so and they have agreed to revisit the whole issue soon. I would guess that Joe will make it right, buy the card back and get it out of a PSA holder. It can't be good for his company to have that card in a holder. Once again, Doug said he will make a statement concerning this card after the auction is over....I would venture to guess it will be within a week or two as I am sure he and Joe have to hash it out and they are both busy folks. For the record I am not a Joe O hater or a PSA hater. I wish Joe would return my calls to talk but no big deal. I have been dismissed by worse folks.

One other thing.....Doug told me to let ALL net54 VBCF members know that his offer is still good for the waiving of the $75 sign up fee for any member here to Mastro Auctions. All you have to do is mention Network54 and that Doug said it would be a courtesy registration and you will be set. If anyone has an issue while doing this just email me or Doug and it will get fixed immediately. This offer is in effect until there is something written that it is no longer in effect. Hope this helps a little bit. Everyone can take my bias into account in this post but the facts I have presented are what they are. I like Doug and Mastro Auctions as I do most other auction companies....advertiser or not. best regards