View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Default Neat Cards to Debate On

Brian, would love to see them in person someday to truly make up my mind on which way I truly think these cards are- A printing goof or faded. I agree with a few others that they aren't true black and white proofs like the E97 Black and Whites, but I could go along with the arguement that they are some sort of "Freak" print where the printing process was not completed at a one of the various stages. I know there have been alot of T206s that look really weird because of the various printing process that have been omitted. I think there was a thread on these some time back and there is a cool example of one of these freak prints in the recent Tough Matty Cards thread. But I'm still not convinced that they aren't just faded, but I can see the other side of the debate. Don't know for sure because I'm certainly not an expert ( Not even close)in printing, paper, ink etc.. Whatever the reason why these are whitish looking, they are really neat cards. Best wishes with building your E98 set. I'm at 79 on my quest towards the Master Set of E98s and they are getting tougher to find and more expensive all of the time, so it is going to be awhile before I reach my goal; heck some of the ones that I need I've never even seen that player/color combination like a Blue Davis for example. Take Care.
Oh, yes that was your Green McGraw at one time. The other two that I have seen are missing the pink on his face as well.

Last edited by Tim Kindler; 06-19-2011 at 10:19 AM.