View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:58 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topps206 View Post
Are you open minded on my view at all?
I'm quite open minded, otherwise I wouldn't have the views I have today. However the arguments for gun control are general not based in logic or human nature. Rather they seem to be more based on someone using one of their 3 wishes to wish for the genie back into the bottle.

As your views on conservatives were gross generalizations (and weren't directed at me), I will just leave you with one of mine. I find many self-proclaimed 'liberals' to be not at all liberal, but rather some of the most closed-minded people on the planet. One need only look to college campuses to see those with other views being shouted down rather than letting opposing views be heard. As hard headed as conservatives are, they will generally let opposing views be heard. To be clear, I am NOT referring to you but rather making a general observation.

Just one minor nit on religious freedom. That is specific to the FEDERAL level, but the states were not prohibited from establishing religious laws at a STATE level, and some did. Maryland for example gave deference to Catholics, and a number of other states for other religions (of which I can't remember specifics off-hand). And many states still have those types of laws on the books, though now being antiquated and not enforced. You're still not allowed to beat your mule on a Sunday in certain states.