View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 12:59 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
No question the kid's a helluva talent, but he always makes me think of Bob Gibson. With his bat toss / flip, standing at the plate and admiring another HR and his new trick, a stutter-step at 3rd after a dinger, Gibby must be spinning like a top. Guaranteed, if he pulled any of these tricks from his bag on Gibson, the next time he came to the plate Gibson would bury a 99mph FB so deep in Tatis's ribs they'd need a backhoe to excavate hit. When did the current trend of showing up the opposition become de rigueur?
It's interesting because I think there can be a healthy balance of players having fun, but being respectful. I think Griffey's home run trot was the perfect example of that.

I'm a little more annoyed at how lax the uniform policy has gotten. With buttons undone, or gaudy, gigantic gold chains hanging around their neck. I'm all for personality, I actually really like the idea of players being able to do whatever they want with their cleats, but I'm not a fan of a player having almost half his Jersey open.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.