View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 08:37 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
The first "Mystery" FF card was identified over 20 years ago. It was the only known example for nearly 10 years - and yes - there were a few of us looking. By 2010 one or two would appear on eBay. That continued +/- until this huge discovery.

The "Mystery" FF has many differences compared to the original. Many of those are better on the "Mystery" card. Unlike any fake I've ever seen before. I still feel like these were professionally made and not like 99% of other fakes out there. By who and why? Who knows.....
I agree that they had to be made in a real print shop. Who, we will likely never know. Why, to make some quick cash. Then after selling some decided it was wrong and the reason we only found a few till this big find.

The big find also makes no sense for many many reasons. Why would an antique shop have them and not have sold them years ago? Seriously at any time in the last 20 years they had at very minimum $30,000 setting there in cards that are as easy to sell as any card in the hobby. Why wouldn't they have sold them before?

It is a "mystery" card for sure in so many ways.

Last edited by bnorth; 11-08-2022 at 08:38 AM.