View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Bill Gregory

The old tech support guy in me is really perplexed right now.

Anybody having this same issue, try this. Go to your email to make sure these notifications aren't being treated like spam. Go to your spam preferences (they're different in each e-mail provider. I have mine through my web host). But add *@net54baseball.com, or just leon@net54baseball.com to your white list, which might be called approved email list, or something similar. That should allow any mail originating from the site to go into your inbox.

You guys might try archiving your messages. I use vBulletin PM reader:

download here.

Go to your message box here on Net54. Checkmark the little box atop your messages count on the far right, and then do the same to your sent messages list. That should checkmark every message.

Go down to selected messages, and choose to download as XML. The first time you use the program, it's going to ask if you want to create a database. Obviously you do. Once that's done, select the 'import xml file' option in the top left of the pm reader. Locate the file you just downloaded and open it. All the messages you downloaded should now be there. They're split into inbox and sent items like the forum. Delete that xml file you downloaded, it's now part of the database. You can do that again later, too. Just repeat the process, and select to import the new xml file you create. It will import the new messages into the existing database.

Once you've confirmed that the messages you're wanting to keep have been correctly loaded into the database for your reader, don't forget to go back and delete the messages, which will still be on the forum. Instead of downloading them as an XML file, just delete them.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.