Thread: Getting old
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 01:03 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Didn't intend for that to be so long. Ah well....
Nah, totally enjoyed reading.

You mentioned about so many things today are different and just taken for granted. Think of all the choices in restaurants today. Even 25 years ago, in most parts of the country you would be hard pressed to find anything even closely resembling real asian or other ethnic food, or to even find ingredients to make non US food in the supermarket. I remember even a few years ago people started going gaga over avocados, like someone just invented them.

I would never argue that everything is great today. Modern culture has a lot of garbage elements. Mostly the obsessive "look at me" nonsense on social media. No, no one cares what you had for breakfast today. They really don't. And it's not important. But being around my kids and their friends doesn't fill me with despair like it apparently does for many older folks. I see a lot of great things in the current generation that give me great hope. And there is so much amazing art in so many areas. The only depressing thing is when I see some insane you artist and realize they weren't born yet when I was already from school and already years into my career.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-28-2021 at 01:07 PM.