View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Dan Bretta

I've been having a very difficult time lately getting people to pay on ebay...all of my auctions say payment is due within 5 days after the auction ends...I'd say about 25% of my buyers are now ignoring that. I can almost figure that if an items sells for more than $100 the chances that I won't get paid within that time period are up to about 50%. The last guy I turned over to ebay for non-payment after two weeks sent me an email with the first line "HOW DARE YOU!"..I asked him why he didn't comply with the 5 day period that was mentioned in the body of my auction and he came back and apologized and said he didn't see it. Well it was already two weeks, how long does he normally wait to pay???

Right now I am currently waiting on payment for a video game I sold for $188 in which I had to contact the buyer after 7 days...he waited two more days to reply and said he didn't even know he won it...now he tells me someone tried to hack his paypal and he won't be able to use it until next week. Last week I was waiting on payment for $450 for an old Polaroid camera...I had to contact the buyer who told me that someone in his shop bid on it and he didn't know...he waited 4 more days before finally paying me.

Once someone finally does pay I have figured out I have no choice but to leave them the most glowing feedback so the buyer is less inclined to leave me low DSR's. In other words I have to lie in order to protect my ratings.