View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Bam Bam,

Welcome to the board. It is currently Negative 18 degrees outside of my house and even in Vermont that is VERY cold! I hope Hawaii is much better. I visited once, flew into Honolulu and then stayed on "The Big Island". Absolute paradise and did not want to leave!

I have a Dodger question that has stumped a few folks including myself. I have a 1998 donruss significant signature card #R3 of Koufax. All of the ones I have seen of this card are serial #red on the back to /2000 EXCEPT this one. This one is numbered SP14 where the /2000 is supposed to be!

I found it on Ebay with a buy it Now and the seller did not even notice the numbering so no luck with him. I am very happy with it as no one I have talked to has ever seen another so............any thoughts on this?

Thanks so much and take care,

Peace, Mike

Attachment 179539

Attachment 179540
The card you have has him in a LA uniform and is short printed. From what I read Koufax didn't return the signed cards in time off the pack release so Donruss included a special Billy Williams mail in card in its place. If you pulled the Williams and sent it in you got back the LA Koufax as well as your Williams card. I'm not sure how many were produced but the card you have usually sells around 50% higher than the Brooklyn Koufax card from the same set. Nice pick up.
Drew