View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:03 AM
Marc S.

Welcome!

If you are happy with the card, that's all there is to say about it. Welcome, and congrats on the pickup.

Zeenuts with coupons are a strange, mysterious beast. They're exceedingly rare as a general concept. More broadly, it is the 1913-1922 timeframe that are especially rare. Some years more than others, but the early year Zee's are tougher to find with tabs remaining.

Yours is in nice condition, which is great. We can debate valuation, but I don't think anyone would debate the card is worth a couple of hundred dollars.

1913s are the first year Zeenuts had the coupon on the bottom. Although they're somewhat easier to find than 1914s or 1916s, they're still really tough, and I think they're in higher demand because they're a "first". The 1913s and 1915s both had small finds of tabbed cards over the past two or three decades.

It's a great Zeenut, welcome to the club. There's a handful of collecting types when it comes to Zeenut collectors:
  • Those with a team focus
  • Those who collect star/HOF players
  • Those who try to collect them all (you'll hate yourself if you try!)
  • Those who collect type cards from each year. Leon had a nice run of Zeenut w/tabs from all the available years. Even one example per year is really tough to complete - took me about 4-5 years to accomplish that

Here's one of the 1913's I have in my collection: