View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

And here is the subset, with the categories, based on what I have seen and all those who have been kind enough to let me poke through their holdings and record data. My sample is never complete and may not be representative, as it is biased to the holdings of a subset of collectors with a similar interest. Sweeney is the one I am least positive on grouping this way, he is more common than the other 3 in the tough tier with a few examples having surfaced. I'd be interested in how Dave, George, Cliff and our other learned gentlemen would group them and if our data aligns together.

These 2 groupings + the 2 definite no prints represent 3 sheets at minimum for series 3, which I think is more than series 2. The ATC ledger notes that indicate printing by sport are demonstrably wrong from miscuts.

My less than scientific conclusion from the datasets available to me suggest that this subset and one of the Johnson Green's are actually the hardest cards in the set and the true hardest obstacle to a master, not the Tolstoi's which are a pain because there are 50 of them but there are several examples or more of each card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2476.jpg (212.3 KB, 28 views)