View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 05:34 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Some of my pennants. Coincidentally to the conversation, the green pennant in the first picture is the only Senators pennant--of which I have acquired a pretty good knowledge dealing in mostly Washington stuff for many years--that would fit the category of a possible Ad Flag or other repro. This example is made of a very thick, substantial material and with heavy paint. Whenever I would see this pennant at a dealer's table, more often than not it would be of a much stiffer material with thinner paint, and the argument raged over the years as to whether that version was some kind of repro, although they never looked brand new but with some age, at least. The information about Ad Flag and their later redos of earlier pennants would seem to have solved that mystery, but it needs a different and less pejorative tag than "repro." "Restrike," maybe?
Hank, cool Washington pennants! Here are my favorites from the Senators ... (I’d have sent this as a DM but don’t see how to attach pics) ... I believe Mark has the incredibly awesome Clark Griffith pennant?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54799787-B3DF-44D5-B813-F8181306DCB5.jpg (20.3 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 1FF47978-10FE-4A8E-8771-74B621A77381.jpg (20.6 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 01-05-2021 at 05:36 PM.