View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:44 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
If you search sold pennants on Ebay there's a nice big picture of the 1941 Packers pennant if you want to take a closer look. The 25th anniversary pennant I believe is from 1944 and is soft felt, as is the undated (ie...no 25th Anniversary notation) version of that same pennant...as are most of the other "older" pennants on my Packers page, except for a couple that are more of a cloth material.
I'm in no position to dispute you, Rob, since you can feel these pennants and I can't, but the picture of that 1941 pennant sure makes it look more like the stiffer material than a softer one, with what look like permanent and well-defined creases similar to what my eyes seem to see on many of your earlier pennants. So I'll finish with one last question and then bow out of this discussion, which has been interesting and informational but really has gotten me no closer to my original question, and perhaps there is no answer to be found given a lack of much definitive documentation of what pennants were made when and out of what materials. My question is: what would you guess would be the earliest that these stiffer pennants (cloth, paper--what ARE they made of, anyway?) were made from your knowledge of pennants that are dated or whose date of manufacture can be reasonably guessed at? And thanks to you and everyone else on the board for weighing in with their expertise on the subject, it's been fun.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1941-G...p2047675.l2557

Last edited by Hankphenom; 01-08-2021 at 09:44 AM.