View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Rhett Yeakley

1917-20 M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn; Doug Baird, Walt Cruise, Frank Snyder.
1908 Indianapolis PC; Carl Druhot, Perry Werden.
1910 Old Mill; Bad New Galloway (Shreveport), Morris,? (Texas Lg), Roy Radebaugh (series 1), Shields, ? (Atlantic Lg). Need help with first names too.John W. (Walter) Morris is the Series 3 guy, Shields is probably Charles Shields (never played in the majors) who was with Memphis in Southern League in 1908 & 1909 but this is NOT confirmed
1915 Zeenut Milt Reed (Portland or Oakland)
1916 Zeenut John Vann (SLC or Oakland)
1904 Allegheny Jack Sutthoff
1887 Old Judge Bill Van Dyke (any)

Does anybody know the following?

Which Don Brown is the 1923 Cuban Billiken & Tomas Gutierez?In my database I have him listed as Edward W. (Eddie) Brown--but I will have to confirm this
Which Don Brown is the 1922 & 1923 Zeenut? Donald Martin (Don) Brown, he never played in the major leagues
Which Cooney is the 1924 Diaz Cig #80? John Walter (Johnny) Cooney
Which Parker is this 1928 Zeenut (team is Seattle scratched out) Douglas Wooley (Dixie) Parker

Which Osteen is this Obak (team is Montgomery)?Not an obak card but the player is James Champlin Osteen

Which Whelan player is the Obak (team is Wilson)?You mean Old Mill here and the player is unknown to me. Martin J. (Marty) Phelan who did play with Wislon in 1910, "Phelan" is in the T210-7 set already w/ Rocky Mount (a team he never played with) so it could be him on both cards, but maybe someone else entirely. There was also a James Whalen that was playing in various outhern leagues up to 1908 (so he is another possiblilty)

Scans:

This isn't the Allegheny Sutthoff but it pictures him nonetheless...

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 02-10-2010 at 07:37 PM.