View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Post War baseball card forum (tab) on Net54 ?

Posted By: Paul S

...my response to your question: "what would it hurt to go to 1979 instead of 1974?"

I don't think it hurts, but here is my only concern, or at least the way things to shake out with forums:

Cards released later than a stated cutoff date often seem to slip in anyway. I have no problem with that, if issues from a few years later show up, so be it. Sort of in the same way folks here seem to nicely tolerate the occasional Topps/Bowman, et al, thread that shows up in this vintage forum.

In essence it is a matter of perception from the persons who may come upon the site, the earlier the stated cut-off date, the less that slips in from later. Personally, I am for '73-'74 latest, because I am wondering about too much 80s-90s stuff accumulating with a stated '79 cutoff.

It is not always easy to ignore later-card date threads because many times a thread topic doesn't give an indication of what's inside. That is the problem on other sites, which I think are perfectly viable for collectors who seek 80's and later info, i.e., there are a lot of places for others to go to get good info on those -- but nothing else like the solid concentrated niche that could be created here.

My 2 cents (75 cents slabbed.)

Paul S