Thread: Bursting Bubble
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 08:29 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
A PSA graded 1956 Topps Ted Williams I was looking at just before the pandemic started, which if my memory serves me was going for about $400, is now double that.

I want this pandemic to end. I don't want any more people to lose their loved ones. I don't want people to have to live in fear anymore. I don't live in fear, but I can't really leave the house, either, and won't unless a doctor's visit requires it. So, I've been out of the house maybe 5 times since this all started.

And yes, on some level, I want it to end so some semblance of normalcy returns. I want to be able to return to my hobby. I miss being able to buy cards I love, from time to time.
Bill,

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you're going through with this pandemic. I've heard similar stories from many people, I have fortunately been vaccinated, and now am feeling a little more comfortable with leaving the house and going to do things, but it is still a little worrisome for me. It's difficult, Humans are social creatures, not being able to socialize really goes against our nature.

I think we all want normalcy to return and I look forward to the day when I'll be able to go to a show, or a concert, or a restaurant, and not have to worry about wearing a mask, or social distancing. It's the small things you miss, talking to strangers at a bar, getting together with long time friends or family, catching a ball game, things of that nature.

One day we'll get there, I'm positive of it, but Damn, I'm pretty tired of all of this. I think we all are.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.