View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Jim Parker

There is no way to know the ratios until you see the other half-sheet. The sheet shown in first post you can label the rows and they are shown from top to bottom as row 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,7. Note rows 5/6 are only printed once.

What we don't know is the layout of the second half sheet. If Dave Hornish has taught me anything over the years its that it won't be obvious and clean!

I would bet that on the second half sheet, which is the one rich klein has seen, row 6 will be printed only once. I say that Rich has seen the OTHER half sheet because if he had only seen THIS half sheet they would have determined that rows 5 AND 6 (minus checklist) would be the sp's.

So if we say original post is sheet "A", and Rich saw sheet "B", i would suggest that sheet "B" has some sort of ordering like this: rows 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5.

Rich probably looked at sheet "B" and initially thought 6 AND 7 were sp's, but checking against Rosen's find, he would have correctly noticed that row 7 was in just as much abundance as every other row, thus correctly discounting row 7 as sps.

Now given Rich liked row 6 as sp's, there are 11 cards there, why wouldn't they list all 11 as sp's? well one is the checklist and that is printed in another series's sheets so that would be known to be printed extra. But what about the 10th card in that row that is not on the official list? The card on that row missing from the list is #446 Bob "Hawk" Taylor. For sure, I think we can deem him of equal rarity as any other in row 6.

Following through on this then the ratios would be:
rows 1-4: 4x
row 5: 3x
row 6: 2x
row 7: 3x

I could be wrong on others, but i am convinced row 6 is the shortest printed row based on above sheet and the sheet Rich saw....which yields the 10 true shortest print cards.

(By the way i am assigning Rich as the decider, but of course there were others involved).

Last edited by parkerj33; 11-04-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling