View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 03:57 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I would say that blackless 1990 Topps are a misnomer. The errors that are well known are “partial blackless”. This is the complete absence of black on partial parts of certain cards due to a much hypotheticized printing error of some kind with an obstruction or a dirty litho blanket.

The errors you have found would not fall under the partial blackless label to me as they are “blacklessing” or light/fading ink. Likely due to much of the same reason that would have caused the partial blackless issue at root of the NNOF Thomas.

I can assure you that this a completely different run than that due to the interesting addition of Jeff Acker. On the partial blackless sheets that card is blackless in the lower left due to its sheet position next to Frank Thomas. Yours is low ink on the complete opposite side of the card encompassing the Topps logo. Definitely interesting, as it is a completely different issue likely due a another dusty or dirty rubber transfer during the offset litho.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.