View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
As these start exceeding 100k runs they have no long term value of exceeding demand once the excitement dies down. Now the cards that had runs of 1000ish with 100k amateur collectors thinking of building the set right now? Different story.

It will die down when these prospectors are stuck with 100's of these they cant sell for cost because the news hyped these to the ceiling. I suggest buying the overproduced ones being made now in 2021 and wading back into to the 20 bucks on Topps.com later. This is Etopps squared at this moment.
And at an original cost of $20 -- $1 (or 99 cents) is 5 percent of the original asking price. Even for Junk Wax boxes -- you would pay 5 percent of original cost even for the worst boxes. 1988 Topps lets say you paid the $18 retail (50 cents per pack) in 1988, today 5 percent if about 90 cents and I guarantee you everyone would happily pay $1 each because the purest wholesale is $3-5 per box. I'd happily take a triple on every card item I buy any day of the week.