View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 02:57 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
And at an original cost of $20 -- $1 (or 99 cents) is 5 percent of the original asking price. Even for Junk Wax boxes -- you would pay 5 percent of original cost even for the worst boxes. 1988 Topps lets say you paid the $18 retail (50 cents per pack) in 1988, today 5 percent if about 90 cents and I guarantee you everyone would happily pay $1 each because the purest wholesale is $3-5 per box. I'd happily take a triple on every card item I buy any day of the week.
I feel like we are on different wavelengths here.

I am advocating buying at 1-5 bucks if you like them. I am not advocating taking a 95% loss and making the 99 cents guy happy purposefully.

I can guarantee that every buyer of 88' wax boxes during that boom was not planning on taking a 95% loss. They were just as blinded as the prospectors seeing those early cards sell at four figures and thinking they could do the same with a card 100x higher produced.

I'll be a buyer at a buck too, but honestly bummed to be taking a loss before they even ship. I knew it was coming logically, but this was fast.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 05-28-2020 at 02:59 PM.