View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Default the new board is being scrapped for the time being

Posted By: leon

This major glitch was 100% my fault. I continued to get hammered over the slowness and Vbulletin was pointing the finger at Yahoo (our web host). There were several forums on the new board that were literally broken AFTER the install team (Vbulletin) started trying to fix the issue. Instead of pushing a "repair" button, to fix the broken links, I pushed a "restore" button. That wiped out the last 5-7 days of work in its entirety. I feel bad for Matt, Mike and Brian as they really put some time into it. We will devise a better plan next time. The thing is, is that no one knew what was going to happen, performance wise, until we put a load on the servers. You can't do that with 5-10 people. As of this moment I am arguing with Vbulletin and they are still pointing the finger at Yahoo. One thing is for sure, the next time we go it will be rock solid and then maybe we will put a load on the servers in increments. I don't foresee us leaving this board for the next few weeks or more....Thanks for all of the kind words. I am really upset with myself over this. ....regards