View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Updated progress; now down to just 14 cards, as I have 130/144, with the latest addition being #137 Charlie Trippi. What I have found out since I started this journey about 11 years ago, is that some of the cards still left that were very affordable that I passed on at the time to concentrate on Landry, Van Brocklin, Baugh, Tittle, etc. have now, in some cases, SURPASSED the prices I paid for the superstar cards, so, in essence the last several cards needed are really slow. I collect VG overall and DON'T collect graded cards.

Still, a fun set, and getting really close. It will probably be the only complete Bowman card set I will own, as my first collectible "love," the 1951 Bowman baseball, is just plain out of reach and really always has been. The football set is a pretty good substitute, with very similar design and artwork.
Good luck on the search Jay! May be a long shot but I have Lynn Chandnois, Woodley Lewis, and James Finks raw if you happen to need any of those - GL finishing it!