View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 07:54 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricNewspapers View Post
I hear ya.

I know I asked above, but to simplify, knowing that the deadly swine flu virus killed up to 1,800 children in 2009/10, why didn't anybody anybody go to the National that year wearing a mask and saying "I don't want my children to die."

I know that nobody wants any harm to come to their children, so that can't be the answer.

So then is 1,800 children deaths acceptable but 500,000 sick/elderly deaths not acceptable?

Of course, since there was no wide spread testing in 2009/10, where everyone who died of one disease who could have ALSO been tested for swine flu, would have counted as a swine flu death under the way covid deaths were counted...but that is a different subject.

Look back at your workplace and remember how many people showed up to work with obvious cold/flu symptoms. I remember staying away from them back then because I hated getting sore throats...but why was it ok to show up to work like that back then during that virus but the complete opposite in this one?

The only possible answer would be that we evolved in the way we handled viruses. However, to put it bluntly that is also saying the people in charge in 2009/10 were wrong in their response, rather than sugar coating it by saying we evolved. Unless we count the death of 1,800 children as 'doing a good job'.

But again, we did absolutely NOTHING to stop the spread of swine flu. So it would only be luck that more didn't die.

Of course, if I am a leader of my field and my evolution was that I suddenly realized that mask mandates were a good answer, and I did NOT realize that ten years earlier, then how competent would that make me? How much credence would I have in making any similar determinations now?
Let's not forget Fauci did a complete 180 on masks in a matter of days. He's on record saying they don't help and a week later he's on record saying they're necessary.