View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
1) One of the main learning tools for kids when it comes to speaking is visual. They watch others' mouths when they speak to help form words. This is a known fact. Take that away, and you'll see speech disorders. Add in the lack of social engagement which helps speech, and you'll see it even more. These are common sense, known facts. People didn't see smiles, etc. Masks are a detriment to development and mental health. Prove me wrong. 100% wrong.

2) I think it's despicable to call what medical professionals went through as "the front lines". I also don't think their health was much at risk. The shortage of nurses came from hospitals firing unvaxxed nurses, not a huge spike in nursing deaths. COVID isn't a killer of average healthiness or better people. Most nurses/doctors are healthy. I also talked to nurses and doctors who have said the whole thing is blown way out or proportion. So excuse me for not holding these people in the same regard as military or firefighters, etc. "Front lines"... Psh...

3) Trump super spreader events is what you're going with? I don't recall mass COVID transmission at these. You're not gonna use Obama's Martha's Vineyard party (which legitimately was a mass spreader), or National Sports Collectors Convention (if we want to be less political) as an example? Trump is who you want to target, proving you have bias in this?

4) Thank you for not wasting a breath. I wouldn't want you to rebreathe too much CO2. Ask dogs what they think of Fauci, and if he's "respectable". Oh wait... They're probably dead if he was able to get his hands on them. Better yet, ask him some questions in Chinese. I hear he's fluent. Wuhan.

Enjoy your night.
1) This started with your comment about the harmful effects of CO2, but whatever. For the benefit of others and so I can dispel some of the things you are trying to pass off as fact, I ran your comment about speech disorders by a psychologist that is very well-versed on the issue of masks and development, notably speech development and actually had discussed the issue with colleagues this week. It seems that anti-maskers are using this as a cop-out. The most affected population is infants and unless parents wear masks 24/7 in their own homes, it does not significantly impact their speech development. Plus, it is being shown CURRENTLY, that in affected child populations, kids recover from any speech development set-backs temporarily imposed by schooling with masks on. But many of the senior citizens that kids would have transmitted the virus to (if the kids didn't wear masks) obviously wouldn't have recovered from COVID. Again, not a valid excuse for mask-wearing during a pandemic. Nice try, though!
2) So...it's "despicable to call what medical professionals went through as "the front lines?" Ever consult the dictionary? "Front line: the most important or influential position in a debate or movement." I don't know where you live, but where I live, the healthcare workers most certainly were the most important movement locally. And you're oblivious if you don't think there was a shortage of nurses. There certainly was a shortage of doctors and other hospital staffers. Are you gonna debate that too? Because you can easily google and find out that many medical schools called in their 4th year medical students to assist because in fact, so many hospitals were short of doctors (and nurses) in the first few months of the spike.
3) Nice try again with #3. Trump did more to spread COVID at his rallies and WH events (during the heights of the pandemic before a vaccine was available) than Obama. And oh, the National? Well, maybe if people would have masked up and took precautions...but there were too many folks that thought like you, and didn't want to breath in slightly more CO2 I guess, so they went maskless and found out. But those that were fully vaccinated....at least most didn't get hospitalized and die like Herman Cain, who I believe attended a Trump super-spreader.
4) Nice that you are a dog lover. Hey, common ground I guess because I am too. But I recognize the role that animals play in translational health research. That research has probably saved the life of you or your family members at some point. And rules are in place to use the least sentient species to do health-related research and to use as few as possible and only under the most humane and ethical conditions possible. Now, looking at the rest of your gibberish in your #4 diatribe, it's clear what your mindset is. "Better ask him in Chinese...Wuhan" tells me all I need to know about you.

Because of your last comments in #4 that you made, among other nonsense you've spouted in your passive-aggressive posts and your "attempts to belittle" demeanor, I won't be reading or responding to any more of your posts. There is nothing that you can possibly say on this topic and little about memorabilia that I feel I can trust or that I care to hear your opinions about. But...I do hope you stay healthy and that you, too enjoy your night.