View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
It is an opinion, a belief. A belief is not, can not, inherently be right or wrong; because it is a belief and not a fact. It is the defining fundamental characteristic of an opinion that it is not fact; a value judgement is by its nature an opinion. It is a belief I personally agree with, that prejudice based on biological characteristics is illogical, unreasonable, and in my opinion morally reprehensible, but that does not make it not a belief, because I agree with it. Beliefs I agree with are not facts; facts are not opinions and opinions are not facts however proper I find them to be.

I am greatly amused that the response to my post is to ask if, or suggest I am racist, sexist and/or ageist because I am cognizant of what a belief is, from the guy throwing ageist attacks at someone else. Pray, continue the witch-hunt for ism's only from people you might disagree with.
In the legal world, opinion and fact are more of a spectrum than a sharp divide.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.