View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 08:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
No; I said, quote, " A claim to fact, and an opinion on morals and ethics and what is right and wrong are two very, very different things and have been recognized as such for many, many centuries." I did not say a claim to fact and this kind of opinion are the ONLY "very, very different things", or that this is the ONLY type of opinion there is. In fact, I acknowledge the opposite by giving a specific kind of opinion; the specificity would be pointless if the argument was that this is what all opinion constitutes. I'm sure you can get me for something I've said, but I'm not sure why we would want to argue that an opinion and a fact are not different, and this line sure isn't it.
I never said they were not different, my point and I stand by it is that the sharp demarcation you are drawing is not so sharp in the legal world, lots of statements in the securities fraud context for example are held to be mixed statements of fact and opinion, and even pure opinions can be fraudulent in some circumstances. Your rejoinder that we are not in a court of law doesn't really respond to my point does it?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.