View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 08:10 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Yes, I know that one. "Nancy Pelosi stock trading" is another one that would fit with what you're saying. I disagree that they are "safer from accountability than the rest of us". From you and me, perhaps, but not from the ultra-wealthy, who are some of their biggest campaign contributors.
Nan remains the most powerful lady in the USA, and the man who left a live woman to die remained a senator for decades, up until his death. That's the very definition of being safe from accountability. And there are many more examples, on all sides of the political map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I got your meaning on the gas station example. My examples are different, but I shared them as I think they would potentially provide the same sort of benefit to consumers (knowing that you won't get bumped from an overbooked flight, for example).
I understand why airlines overbook flights - to cover themselves against cancellations. I've long thoght the simple solution would be to offer guaranteed seating. A customer pays for his ticket, understanding it is non-refundable. The airline is guaranteed that seat is sold and the customer is guaranteed that seat is his. People who want to have the option of cancelling if they must can reserve tickets the usual way, understanding it's a two-way street: they can cancel on the airline, and the airline can bump them.