View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Curt

Many years ago, I was trying to fill in my Jackie Robinson needs (thankfully it was a while back, as I would not want to pay for any of them now). Aside from the 52 Topps, which I figured I would never own, I was only missing the 50 Bowman. I could never find one that looked good and was affordable and I eventually stopped looking. Prices have gone up considerably and I find myself thinking about the 50 Bowman from time to time, but when I do look, even copies in a similar condition to the rookie being shown are more expensive than I would want to pay.

I guess in a roundabout way, I am trying to say that I would never want a card like that one shown, not even as a filler, so I wouldn't even pay what bnorth suggested it might be worth, simply because it is too beat up and ugly for my personal taste. However, there are collectors out there for those types of cards and may be willing to pay even more than that, just to have that rookie card.