View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 04:18 AM

Default 1971 semi highs and highs

From what I have seen, images of the OPC & Topps sheets have slightly different layouts for both series 5 & series 6.

Series 5 had 121 cards, so 11 unique rows among the 24 rows printed on a sheet. There were nine rows printed 2x each with two remaining rows printed 3x ea. The cards in rows for the OPC sheet were the same as those in the Topps sheet, but the layout was different. For example, the OPC slit has the Perez row in row 1 and row 10 whereas the Topps slit has the Perez row in row 7 & row 10.

Series 6 had 110 cards, so 10 unique rows. among the 24 rows printed on a sheet. There should be six rows printed 2x each and four rows printed 3x each. From what I have seen, the rows led by Terry Harmon, Bob Garibaldi, Milt Ramirez, and Ken Szotkiewicz were the rows printed 3x each. The OPC slits appear to have the same cards in a row as the Topps sheet, but again, the layouts are different. The OPC slit I have seen as the Astros team card row in row 3 of a slit whereas on the Topps slit, this row is in row 1 and row 4.