View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I see many cards across many sports now reliably selling for multiples of what they sold for earlier in the year. What's the largest % increase you've noticed? And for what card? (There's a particular basketball card that I'm kicking myself for selling just before it quadrupled in value, but that's far from the sharpest increase I've seen since the start of the pandemic.)

LOL, I've gotta thank you. You sold me my Lawrence Taylor PSA9 earlier this year that has gone up almost 8 fold since then.

Also, you sold me a Willie Randolph Rookie that has quadrupled since then, for god knows what reason.

Has anything NOT gone up?

I had been keeping an eye out for a nice PSA9 Ron Guidry rookie for awhile, but I'm too late to the party. I can't bring myself to pay over $200 bucks for a guy who had a nice run, but isn't close to a HOF'er. Will have to settle for an 8 if I want Guidry.

A lot of the culty, non HOF'er guys have seen big jumps. Out of curiosity I looked up Mark Fidrych's Rookie, and 10's have been selling for over $1000, 9's for $250+ and 8's for around $100 bucks.

Also big jumps in borderline guys like Lou Whitaker, Bobby Grich, Don Mattingly, etc....