Thread: condition
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:46 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. It really helps to hear about your common experiences, and it makes me feel a little less alone.

Adam, I am finding that I enjoy the lower grade cards just as much if not more. I know it sounds crazy, but I have actually been stressing over cards and money! I have started getting too nitpicky for my own good and think, for me, it is time to revisit why I collect. Those cards are all little pieces of history, and I really enjoy them. Somehow, I take heart in knowing that some kid back in the 50s or 60s really enjoyed the card and handled it and traded it.

What some of you others have said really hit home, too. I don't envision buying cards that are mutilated or have surface issues so bad that I can't tell who is on the card, but I am not going to stress out over a crease or two on an otherwise ok card. I really want to put multiple sets together, and this will allow me to really be free to do it.

I am not downing anyone else's approach. I really hope no one reads it that way. This is just where this journey as a collector has taken me. Like I think darkhorse said, this isn't about investing, it is about collecting and enjoyment.

I have some higher grade graded singles and some other higher grade material that I am thinking of selling so that I can really get going on some projects. I am not sure when I will do that, but it will be a big help if/when I do.