View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 01:23 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post

4. What is/are the most significant card(s)/item(s) you currently own?
(Not what you may have owned at one time.)

I am not interested in the money game, so my most significant cards are my sentimental favorites. My T205 Livingston that started my collection, the T3 Schlei that was my first cabinet, the E94 Joe Lake that was my first caramel. Other cards I would consider significant are cards that found new variations or I learned something from in boxing and non-sport sets, though they would not be significant to most.
G1911,

Great cards and collection, and totally agree with your position on what are "significant" cards. In an earlier post I already mentioned I don't necessarily equate significance with value (though very often significant cards do seem to cost a little more). Cards can be significant to someone for personal, historical, rarity, emotional, and any other number of reasons, aside from the very obvious monetary ones. Your explanation as to those particular items that are significant to you is a great part of this survey in helping to explain who and what we are as collectors. I think your choices are fantastic and spot on in responding to that particular question.