View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 09:06 PM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstrite View Post
Hi, everyone. This week thought to share my Transogram Collection. I am collecting two sets (not sure why...I guess because I have so many complete boxes and about 20 without the figurine...they are folded). The 1969 Transogram Box Set consists of 60 different players. The box included a figurine with stadium backround, large card to be cutout on the back and a smaller picture on the top of the box or flap. Brooks appears in the set and below you will see a PSA 4 graded box (highest graded), a PSA 5 smaller card and the larger card (PSA 8...tied as highest graded). A complete box with the figurine is also displayed. The Transogram Set is very diffigult to put together. Mantle, Mays, Aaron, and Clemente are in the set and they can cost between $1,000 - $2,000. Brooks is impossible to find and he can fetch a large sum, too. I have a Brooks complete box listed on ebay for sale, which I doubt will sell (PSA 1 with a sticker / price on it). The boxes often times have issues with the cellophen and price stickers on the flap where the smaller card appears. Normal wear and tear is also an issue. The cards were meant to be cut out when purchased, which is another reason the complete box is hard to find. Along with Brooks, Dave McNally and Frank Robinson are in the set. The Transogram appeard again in 1970 with 5 New York Mets boxes (3 players each...Ryan and Searver are on separate boxes) and other players in a 3 player box format. I will stick with the 1969 Set. I picked up 4 this past week that puts me at 45 complete boxes out of 60. I am about 30 out of 60 for my second set. I have 20 additonal boxes that are trade bait, if anyone has a box laying around available for a trade. The 1969 Transogram has a store display that is really cool with the photos of the players. I would love to find that display and store my set. Anyway, included are my Brooksies and my boxes stacked in a couple storage boxes.

Charlie,

That is quite an impressive group of boxes. I collected a few of these as a kid, but cut up all my boxes. Unfortunately, none of my statues made it through the 1970's. They weren't very well made and mine faded and yellowed over time (too much sunlight).

As it turned out my Boog Powell from 1970 is probably the toughest Oriole to find.

1970 Transogram Boog Powell (Fairly good cutting job for a 12 yr old LOL)

1970 Transogram.JPG