View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 12:15 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafSports View Post
Some of you know that I collect deaf sports related stuff and my collection varies from deaf pro athletes to deaf school superstars, children of deaf adults, and etc.

I find myself want to grab some of Brooks stuff because he grew up by Arkansas School for the Deaf. He spent endless of hours on campus playing baseball with their deaf students growing up. He was able to communicate with them in sign language. It means the world to me!

I have some of his 1960's cards from my dad's childhood collection. Im hoping to grab some nice tickets to his milestone games, maybe autographed bat. Any ideas or suggestions that I should add to my collection room would be sweet.

I was able to buy old Arkansas school for the deaf postcard earlier this week from eBay. I was hoping that I could have him sign on it. Whats my best shot to get it done?

Best,
Danny
Danny,

He’s definitely getting up in age, but I know once in a while he’ll do signings in the MD area. He just did one recently at Great Moments. Maybe someone on here would know further options.

There’s always items to display, bats, balls, publications, posters, photos, etc. pick something you like and I’m sure a signed example is out there. If you pick something you like let this group know. I’m sure they’ll have something available for a fellow Brooks fan.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 10-29-2022 at 12:16 PM.