View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Just to chime in here as a '67 collector - but not someone who is going to have the time to do this type of detective work - kudos and bravo to all of you for what you are doing in trying to reconstruct these sheets. I know which cards are more difficult mainly based on price tag in the 7th series. Though I have nailed down a good number of the HOF cards out of this set already, I have a ways to go with commons and 7th series.

Excuse me for being a pinecone, but what is a "slit" - is that just a row on the sheet?
A slit is one of the two 132 card sheets that were printed together at one time in a huge 264 card sheet that was then cut in half to make two separate sheets that were then cut by machine, the left one would be Slit A and the right one would be Slit B. A row is the horizontal 11 cards in a certain 'row' identified by whoever the lead card card, for example the Tony Perez row of the 1967 Topps 6th Series. A vertical "row' of cards is described as a column.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64 topps double sheet.jpg (135.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 66 sheet 1.jpg (179.9 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 11-24-2022 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added scans